Ebook | Anglais
3,49 €
+ 3 points
Format
Disponible immédiatement
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité

Description

A warm and loving Liverpool community come to the rescue of an unhappy young girl.

Joan Jonker, beloved author of the Molly and Nellie series, gives a touching insight into the life of a close-knit community in Stay as Sweet as You Are - a story that is sure to stay with you long after you have finished the last page. Perfect for fans of Lindsey Hutchinson and Dilly Court.

With the face of an angel and a sunny nature, Lucy Mellor is a daughter any parent would be proud of. But Lucy only knows cruelty from the woman who brought her into the world. Her father, Bob, is the one shining light in her life. He tries to protect her, but he is no match for the devious wife who gives him no peace of mind and has no love for his daughter. The walls of the house are thin and Ruby Mellor's angry attacks on Lucy can be heard by their neighbours. One day, Irene Pollard decides she must do something, and she takes the girl under her wing. And two doors up, Mrs Aggie and her seafaring son, Titch, enrich Lucy's life with their sense of fun. But Lucy still craves a mother's love...

What readers are saying about Stay as Sweet as You Are:

'With this book you feel that you are actually living alongside the characters. You laugh with them and cry with them, literally! Hilarious and sad. Joan Jonker depicts life as it really is, full of ups and downs. Never in my life have I read a book where I have laughed and cried so much. The dialogue and characters are so witty and life like, they are people that I hope I will come across at some stage during my life. Salt of the earth!'

'I feel I'm living with these wonderful characters, brilliant read'

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
01-02-12