Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Best of Icelandis your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Gaze in wonder at the celestial kaleidoscope of the Northern Lights, warm up with a soak in the Blue Lagoon and explore a sweeping spectrum of dramatic landscape in the Westfjords - all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Iceland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Best of Iceland:
- Full-colour images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, food, wine, sport, politics
- Free, convenient pull-out map (included in print version), plus easy-to-use colour maps to help you navigate
- Covers Reykjavík, Southwest Iceland, the Golden Circle, West Iceland, The Westfjords, North Iceland, East Iceland, Southeast Iceland, The Highlands and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Best of Iceland is filled with inspiring and colourful photos, and focuses on Iceland's most popular attractions for those wanting to experience the best of the best.
Need a guide to Reykjavik? Check out Pocket Reykjavik & Southwest Iceland, our small, handy-sized guide featuring the top sights and experiences for a shorter trip.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)