Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Inside Lonely Planet's Experience Italy you'll travel through ancient, cosmopolitan cities, colourful coastal villages, rolling Tuscan hills and grand piazzas, discovering the secrets to the perfect pizza, exploring the atmospheric ruins of Pompeii and going behind the scenes at La Scala opera house.
This new part-pictorial, part-guidebook hardback is built around themes that introduce you to the heart of Italy, and is packed with trip-planning tips and information on the most authentic local sights and activities - shining a spotlight on the huge diversity of people, places, culture, food and history that shape this extraordinary country. It's perfect for seasoned travellers and lovers of all things Italian who want to discover something new and exciting.
- Includes over 90 experiences stretching across Italy
- Multiple ways to navigate the book - thematically, geographically or by interest
- Hundreds of stunning photos on gloss paper stock
Experience Italy is presented across five themes:
- Bravo Italia: The Italian icons you already love
- Tradizione: Treasured heritage, hill towns and harvests
- Viva Italia: Modern life and the Italian way
- Che sorpresa!: Underrated and unexpected experiences
- Dolce vita: Living the sweet life
Get to the heart of Italy and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Experience Italy:
- Full-colour images throughout
- Inspiration for your next trip, to help tailor it to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips that reveal sights and cultural attractions beyond the guidebooks
- Covers Italian icons, modern Italy, the Italian way of life and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Experience Italy covers both top sights and roads less travelled, and is the perfect place to get inspired and plan an itinerary for an upcoming trip.
Once you've decided where you're headed in Italy, check out the relevant Lonely Planet Italian destination travel guides for even more detailed planning and on-the-go advice.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, on mobile, video and in 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.