Lonely Planet: The world's number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet's Great Britainis your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Gaze at the graceful architecture of Canterbury Cathedral, stride around the ramparts of Edinburgh Castle or through the mountains of Wales, and soak up Roman, medieval and Victorian history - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Great Britain and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Great Britain:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, food, drink, sport, politics
- Covers London, Canterbury, Southeast England, Oxford, Cotswolds, Southwest England, Cambridge, East Anglia, Birmingham, the Midlands, the Marches, Yorkshire, Manchester, Liverpool, Northwest England, The Lake District, Cumbria, Newcastle, Northeast England, Cardiff (Caerdydd), Pembrokeshire, South Wales, Hay-on-Wye, Mid-Wales, Snowdonia, North Wales, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Southern Scotland, Stirling, Central Scotland, Inverness, Northern Highlands & Islands, and more.
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Great Britainis our most comprehensive guide to Britain, and is perfect for discovering both popular and off-the-beaten-path experiences.
Need a city guide? Check out Lonely Planet's London for an in-depth look at all the city has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017