Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of open roads while touring Spain and Portugal withLonely Planet Spain and Portugal's Best Trips, your passport to up-to-date advice on uniquely encountering Spain and Portugal via el auto. Featuring 32 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you can explore the route of Don Quixote and journey through the Duoro Valley Vineyards, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to Spain and Portugal, rent a car and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet Spain and Portugal's Best Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - over 100 easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Driving Problem Buster, Detours, and Link Your Trip
- Covers Madrid, Basque Country, Barcelona, Andalucia, Portugal and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Spain and Portugal's Best Trips is perfect for exploring Spain and Portugal via the road and discovering sights that are more accessible by car.
- Planning a Spanish or Portuguese trip sans a car? The Lonely Planet Spain guide orPortugal guide, our most comprehensive guides to Spain and Portugal, are perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems, or check out Discover Spain, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on a specific Spanish or Portuguese city? Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon, Porto? Check out our Lonely Planet Madridguide and Barcelonaguide for a comprehensive look at all these cities haveto offer, or Pocket Lisbonand Pocket Porto, handy-sized guides focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
There's More in Store for You:
- See more of Europe's picturesque country sides and have a richer, more authentic experience by exploring Europe by car with Lonely Planet's European Best Trips guides to Italy, France, Irelandand Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves