Suite à une grève chez bpost il est possible que les livraisons connaissent des délais de livraison plus longs de coutume. Besoin de quelque chose en urgence ? Passez plutôt dans un magasin Club à proximité.
  •  Retrait gratuit dans votre magasin Club
  •  7.000.000 titres dans notre catalogue
  •  Payer en toute sécurité
  •  Toujours un magasin près de chez vous     

Suite à une grève chez bpost il est possible que les livraisons connaissent des délais de livraison plus longs de coutume. Besoin de quelque chose en urgence ? Passez plutôt dans un magasin Club à proximité.
  •  Retrait gratuit dans votre magasin Club
  •  7.000.0000 titres dans notre catalogue
  •  Payer en toute sécurité
  •  Toujours un magasin près de chez vous

Stan and Nan

Sarah Lippett
Livre relié | Anglais
23,95 €
+ 47 points
Livraison 1 à 2 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

Sometimes, the simplest stories are the best... This is a lovely, tender book... Stan and Nan are all of our grandparents, their stability and infinite kindness much mourned as our ever-changing worlds spin frantically on.'
Rachel Cooke, Observer

My nan wrote me many letters back in 2011. They were about the love of her life, my grandad, Stanley Burndred. I've never met him, he died long before I was born, but his drawings, paintings and ceramics have been in my life for as long as I can remember. Every wall of Nan's house would be decorated by his artworks and every windowsill bore his ceramic creations. Whenever we visited Nan in the Black Country I would study the ornaments and pictures, wondering who had made them. It wasn't until I wrote to Nan many years later, receiving in return beautiful handwritten letters detailing his life, that it became apparent that the work was his.

The letters were so beautiful I felt my nan's story had to be told. Stan and Nan is the story of an ordinary couple and the people who loved them. The narrative follows their lives from Stan's working-class background, to his premature death, through to Nan's struggle to cope, and the perils of ageing. It is a memoir about the importance of family, and about death, love, living and human connection.

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
26-07-16