•  Payer en toute sécurité
  •  Toujours un magasin près de chez vous
  1. Accueil
  2. Livres
  3. Littérature
  4. Fantasy & Science Fiction
  5. Fantasy
  6. Mythes & Légendes racontées comme fantaisie
  7. The Wandering Jew, Book V of XI by Eugene Sue, Fiction, Fantasy, Horror, Fairy Tales, Folk Tales, Legends & Mythology

The Wandering Jew, Book V of XI by Eugene Sue, Fiction, Fantasy, Horror, Fairy Tales, Folk Tales, Legends & Mythology

Eugene Sue
Livre broché | Anglais
13,45 €
+ 26 points
Format
Livraison 1 à 4 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

Faringhea, as we have before stated, though born in India, had traveled a good deal, and frequented the European factories in different parts of Asia. Speaking well both English and French, and full of intelligence and sagacity, he was perfectly civilized.

Instead of answering Rodin's question, he turned upon him a fixed and searching look. The socius, provoked by this silence, and foreseeing vaguely that Faringhea's arrival had some connection -- direct or indirect -- with Djalma, repeated, though still with the greatest coolness: "To whom, sir, have I the honor of speaking?"

"Do you not recognize me," said Faringhea, advancing two steps nearer to Rodin's chair.

"I do not think I have ever had the honor of seeing you," answered the other, coldly.

"But I recognize you," said Faringhea; "I saw you at Cardoville Castle the day that a ship and a steamer were wrecked together."

"At Cardoville Castle? It is very possible, sir. I was there when a shipwreck took place."

"And that day I called you by your name, and you asked me what I wanted. I replied: 'Nothing now, brother -- hereafter, much.' The time has arrived. I have come to ask for much."

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
01-12-05