•  7.000.000 titres dans notre catalogue
  •  Payer en toute sécurité
  •  Toujours un magasin près de chez vous     
  •  Retrait gratuit dans votre magasin Club
  •  7.000.000 titres dans notre catalogue
  •  Payer en toute sécurité
  •  Toujours un magasin près de chez vous

Brief Lives

Chiefly of Contemporaries, set down by John Aubrey, between the Years 1669 & 1696 - Volume I (A- H)

John Aubrey, Andrew Clark
Livre broché | Anglais
31,45 €
+ 62 points
Format
Livraison 2 à 3 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

"Writing is, among things, the place where we can help ourselves cope with the dark parts of our living." --John Aubrey

Brief Lives--Chiefly of Contemporaries, set down by John Aubrey, between the Years 1669 & 1696 is a collection of short, colorful, gossipy biographies written by John Aubrey in the last part of the 17th century. It took two centuries, however, before Aubrey received real recognition as a great biographer. It was in 1898 that Reverend Andrew Clark (1856-1922), a minister and editor, edited the transcript of Brief Lives that established Aubrey's name as the man who invented biography.

Clark's edition was published in two volumes: Volume I from letters A to H and Volume II from I to V, with biographies of distinguished 17th-century Englishmen such as Francis Bacon, Robert Boyle, Thomas Browne, Walter Harvey, Thomas Hobbes, Robert Hooke, Sir Walter Raleigh and William Shakespeare.

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
05-08-20