Lonely Planet Coastal California is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Get to know the rocky Big Sur coast like the locals do, hug the world's tallest tree in Redwood National and State Parks, or take a tour of biodynamic vineyards and sample new vintages in the Napa and Sonoma wine country -all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Coastal California and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Coastal California Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, politics, customs, lifestyle, visual arts, literature, music, architecture, landscapes, wildlife, earthquakes, cuisine, wine
- Covers San Francisco, Marin County, Bay Area, San Jose, Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, Coastal Highway 1, Redwood Coast, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, Disneyland, Anaheim, San Diego and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Coastal California, our most comprehensive guide to coastal California, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
Looking for a guide focused on San Francisco or Los Angeles? Check out Lonely Planet's San Francisco guide and Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern California guide for a comprehensive look at all these cities have to offer; or Pocket San Francisco and Pocket Los Angeles, handy-sized guides focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.