Lonely Planet Texas is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Rock out, get the blues or chill to country classics in live-music capital, Austin, or appreciate just how big Texas is on a hike at Big Bend National Park -all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Texas and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Texas Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, music, lifestyle, culture, football, landscapes, wildlife, Texas BBQ, cuisine
- Over 42 color maps
- Covers Austin, San Antonio, Hill Country, Dallas, Panhandle Plains, Houston, East Texas, G(more...