Ebook | Anglais | fitness
2,99 €
+ 2 points
Disponible immédiatement
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité

Description

Introduction 

Hello, dear reader! So, you've chosen to plunge in and immerse yourself in the delicate dance of muscle, mind, and cravings. First and foremost, congratulations. The journey to managing one's body is like attempting to recover a lost sock after a day of laundry - it's elusive, a little annoying, and oh-so-rewarding after you've got it.

But let's be clear: if you believe this is simply another cookie-cutter health book that promises you abs in 7 days or a magical diet that will have you losing weight faster than you can say "calories," you're in for a surprise. This is not a book about quick remedies. It's all about mastering the art (and science, yes) of understanding your body. But don't worry; while the route may appear complicated, I promise to mix in some humor here and there. After all, what's life without a good laugh? Especially if you're attempting to hold a plank position for over thirty seconds.

The human body, a marvel of engineering, never ceases to astonish. It's a big cosmos within a relatively tiny space, from our double-helix DNA structure, which looks eerily like a twisted ladder from an M.C. Escher painting, to our muscles, which carry tales of strength and endurance. Think about it: Who would've guessed that within your tummy (yes, the one that occasionally rumbles embarrassingly loudly in quiet rooms) lies an entire microbiome, a universe of tiny organisms ensuring you digest that sneaky midnight taco or the broccoli you reluctantly eat during lunch?

Our investigation will cover the entire width and depth of the human body and its possibilities. Have you ever wondered why some individuals can eat an entire pizza and not gain an ounce, yet others may look at a dessert menu and feel their trousers tighten? Or why, no matter how hard you try, that one yoga pose remains as elusive as a unicorn at a rodeo? We'll go over all of that and more.

However, before we get into the specifics of advanced health procedures and game-changing fitness mantras, let's establish some ground rules:

Although knowledge is powerful, action is king. It's fantastic to know that broccoli is high in antioxidants, but if you just use that information to offset three slices of cake, you get the idea.

Make fun of yourself. You will stumble, fall, and possibly roll over while trying a new workout. It's fine. Even the finest of us have had our moments of disgrace. (Once, while teaching a lesson, I stumbled over my shoelaces. I turned it into a teaching moment about the value of balance!)

Pay attention to your body. This book will give you tools and approaches, but remember that your body has the final say. If something feels strange or uncomfortable (and not in the "Oh, I'm feeling the burn" kind), it's time to reconsider.

Keep an open mind and heart during this guide. Sometimes, the body's way of expressing itself may surprise you. It could be a long meditation or extra hours of sleep rather than another strenuous workout.

Finally, when you're about to give up, or that plate of cookies sounds far more appealing than another rep, remember the words of the great modern philosopher (or, at least, in the world of memes) - "Why not both?" Balance is essential, my friend.

On that lighter note, let us begin our voyage together. May your muscles remain flexible, your willpower remains strong, and your snack breaks contain nutrients and a smidgeon of enjoyment. Put on your seatbelts!

So, without further ado (and before I make any more awful jokes), let's start. 

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Langue:
Anglais
Collection :

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
23-08-23