•  7.000.000 titres dans notre catalogue
  •  Payer en toute sécurité
  •  Toujours un magasin près de chez vous     
  •  Retrait gratuit dans votre magasin Club
  •  7.000.000 titres dans notre catalogue
  •  Payer en toute sécurité
  •  Toujours un magasin près de chez vous

Politics Weird-O-Pedia

The Ultimate Book of Surprising, Strange, and Incredibly Bizarre Facts about Politics

Tim Rowland
Livre broché | Anglais | Weird-O-Pedia
17,45 €
+ 34 points
Livraison 1 à 4 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

Government and politics might seem twisted today, but they've always been strange.

There's something about public office that, throughout time, has transcended normalcy. Politics Weird-o-Pedia presents some of the oddest and most interesting political absurdities and tidbits from around the world, from Peter the Great's tax on beards to a lawmaker's mistress whom he kept on the congressional payroll despite her admission that "I can't type, I can't file, I can't even answer the phone."

Eminences include:

• Some of America's Founding Fathers wanted to jail newspaper reporters.
  • A Mongolian conqueror liked to build cement walls out of the bodies of his vanquished opponents (while they were still alive).
  • An all-female resistance to nuclear missiles in Britain resulted in a protest that lasted for nineteen years--long after the missiles were gone.

Politics Weird-o-Pedia doesn't stand still for a minute. It is intriguing, funny, and occasionally startling. It is more than a collection of trivia, adding bits of context and historical vignettes that make it clear that no matter how dysfunctional politics and government might seem today--we've been through it all many times before.
  • Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
    Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
    Langue:
    Anglais
    Collection :

Caractéristiques

EAN:
    Date de parution :