The Rough Guide to Italy
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover Italy with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to visit the spectacular Amalfi Coast, explore Italy's most celebrated collections of art, the Uffizi in Florence, or experience the Piazza San Marco in Venice, one of Europe's grandest urban spaces, The Rough Guide to Italy will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Italy
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Italy
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Rome, the Lakes and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography features inspirational colour photography, including the magnificent Pantheon in all its glory and the unforgettable Temple of Hera in Salerno
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Matera, Lecce and Urbino's best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Italy, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers Rome and Lazio; Piemonte and Valle d'Aosta; Liguria; Lombardy and the Lakes; Trentino-Alto Adige; Venice and the Veneto; Friuli-Venezia Giulia; Emilia-Romagna; Tuscany; Umbria; Le Marche; Abruzzo and Molise; Campania; Puglia; Basilicata and Calabria; Sicily; Sardinia
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to the Italian Lakes, The Rough Guide to Rome, The Rough Guide to Venice & the Veneto
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.