Yael Politis
Ebook | Anglais | Olivia
4,99 €
+ 4 points
Disponible immédiatement
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité

Description

Olivia and Mourning thought they had succeeded in creating a home, of sorts. A credible lie concealed their secret and enabled them to live with their son, all under the same roof. They had a means of support. They had friends.
But something was wrong. This life had begun to feel confining and unsustainable.
Mourning felt the need to get away and be on his own. His disappearance left Olivia struggling with her own choices. Can they find their way back to one another, force the impossible to become possible, and remain a family?

318 Amazon ratings – 4.6 average This is what some of them said:

"Great reading. The storyline just gets better and better. So glad to see the characters growing as the time moves on. Olivia is a person many of us have known – we refer to them as "free spirits." Thank you for allowing Mourning to grow as well." – Kindle Customer

"Once again life with Olivia is good. So entertaining, making you feel as one of the family! A completely different turn to the story than I would have guessed!" – Connie J. Barton

"This book was perfect from start to finish! Olivia and Michelle, the boarding house inhabitants, Nick, and Charlie all become such interesting characters ... but the story of Mourning is the star of this book ... the writing style is perfection as she makes me feel like I am included in this story ... Olivia is such a strong character and is a delight to follow. I especially enjoyed it when she doubted herself, because it is so real. We all doubt ourselves at times. And with Mournings intellect (which was sometimes hidden by his "colored" speech) it is easy to see how he will go far in life. I truly loved this book, and I hope Ms. Politis continues to add to their story. Well done!" – Donna Hamilton

"Anyone who likes historical fiction, as I do, will enjoy the Olivia Series by Yael Politis. The long awaited for fourth book, The Summer of 1848 did not disappoint. The reader is caught up in what is happening in the lives of Olivia and Mourning, along with the current events of the time. I always come away from the books in this series, learning about historical events I did not previously know. I am now looking forward to Book 5." – Deb Meyer

"I cannot stop reading this lovely set of books ... This story has grabbed my attention and kept it late into the night. Its historical background makes the personal stories of the various characters so alive, leaving me with an appreciation of the facilities we enjoy today, such as a hot bath or shower, and toilets in our homes. I admired the resourcefulness of a young woman providing for the guests of her boarding house by shooting and butchering buck, growing and pickling vegetables, riding her horse bareback, handling a team of horses and a cart, carrying pistols and shotguns, defying norms by wearing pants, when women generally wore bustles, falling in love with her black childhood friend, accepting and appreciating Michelle with the fake French accent and fighting for fair treatment of escaping slaves. What a truly fascinating story! Four books already hungrily devoured and more to go. I find myself delaying, unwilling to have to part from these people." – Book Addict

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Langue:
Anglais
Collection :

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
31-12-23