+ 49 points
Format
Livraison 2 à 3 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

This book, "Underneath My Skin"; explores the painful fears of exposure that millions of "Black Americans" who are presently passing for "White" experience every day of their lives. They have to weigh the advantages of their success based on their skin color and fictitious racial claim, against life as a "Second Class Citizen" in an unequal Black Society. Many have made the jump and taken the risk. But, there are some who have been unwillingly drawn into this life experience. Such is the case of Jennifer Reynolds, who was caught up with pleasing her parents and older brother who was already successfully passing for White in college. Jennifer's mother Elizabeth was White. Her father James was a very fair skin black with curly dark brown flaxen hair himself. He often spoke of his grandfather who was Irish and his grandmother who was Negro. He was determined that his children would have the same benefits accorded to White people. Jennifer's motto was, "I'm Black and I'm proud." Jennifer was aware that there was a difference between status of White and Black People in her state and community, but she had no idea of the extreme severity until she lived the experience. She was a "Black woman" in a "White woman's body."

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
14-07-14