•  Payer en toute sécurité
  •  Toujours un magasin près de chez vous
  1. Accueil
  2. Livres
  3. Vie pratique
  4. Santé & Bien-être
  5. Corps & Esprit
  6. Faire face à l'adversité
  7. Two Mothers One Prayer: Facing Your Child's Cancer with Hope, Strength, and Courage

Two Mothers One Prayer: Facing Your Child's Cancer with Hope, Strength, and Courage EBOOK

Laura Lane, Laurie Nersten
Ebook | Anglais
5,99 €
+ 5 points
Disponible immédiatement
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité

Description

One of the Best Indie Books of 2015, Kirkus Review
Awesome Indies Seal of Approval
Featured on both the Spirited Woman Top 12 Holiday Book List and Spring Top 12 Book List

“The touching, unforgettable story of two brave girls fighting a deadly disease, and the loving support of the women who gave them life.” Kirkus Reviews (starred review)

“Laura Lane and Laurie Nersten’s well-written book is an inspiration and a great deal more. An open and honest account of Celeste and Hayley’s battles, bravery, triumphs and setbacks, it is a source of real help and strength for other families going through the same trauma. It is also a source of insight and understanding for all, and a lesson in how to hold on to hope and faith in the darkest of moments. Recommended. “ 5 Stars  Reviewed by Hilary Hawkes for Readers' Favorite

Endorsed by New York Times Bestselling Authors: Jack Canfield, Marci Schimoff, Janet Attwood and Chris Attwood, with the foreword written by Kevin Hall, Author of “Aspire: Discovering Your Purpose through the Power of Words”.

“Celeste has to have emergency neuro [brain] surgery tonight.”

How do you cope when you have just been told your daughter has a tumour and she doesn’t know about it? How do you put on a calm face for your precious child? You just do.

I was emotionally exhausted before I even stepped into her room, yet adrenaline and focusing on what needed to be done kept me marching on. Armed with her Pooh Bear, blanket, and Winnie the Pooh movie, Celeste waited for her surgery. Now, looking back, I don’t know how I was so strong to watch them take her away, my baby girl. Little did I know that 500 miles away another family was going through similar experiences and we would become each other’s life lines through our most difficult days that lay ahead.

Laura and Laurie share their story of

Friendship and inspiration Struggles and miracles Joy and sadness Love and loss

Their narrative provides a sense of hope and teaches us how to find needed strength and courage. It is a guide and support to any parents faltering under weight of the horrendous news that their precious child has been diagnosed with a life threatening illness. It reminds us all of the fragility of life, the necessity to remain present in each moment, and how to find perspective in even our darkest hours.

"Heartfelt and moving, this is a book that brings tears, hope, and the presence of beauty and God to the surface of each of us. These two connected families demonstrated the power of community and the inner strength, courage and hope we all can tap into, when and if needed" Dr. Carrie Rongits, ND  Fonthill Naturopathic Clinic

"Two Mothers, One Prayer - two moms' moving accounts of their families' childhood cancer journeys told with honesty, love, humour and respect via their shared emails makes for compelling reading." - Susan Kuczynski, OPACC Parent Liaison

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
23-02-15
Format: