14,95 €
+ 29 points
Livraison 2 à 3 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

Paris 1944. To save her people, she served the enemy.

In enemy-occupied Paris, as the locals go to bed starving and defeated by the war, music and laughter spills through the door of a little restaurant, crowded with German soldiers. The owner Marianne moves on weary feet between its packed tables, carrying plates of steaming, wholesome food for the enemy officers. Her smile is bright and sparkling, her welcome cordial. Nobody would guess the hatred she hides in her heart.

That night, the restaurant closes its doors for the final time. In the morning, the windows are scratched with the words 'traitor and murderer'. And Marianne has disappeared without a trace...

Years later, Marianne's granddaughter Sabine stands under the faded green awning, a heavy brass key in her hand, staring at the restaurant left to her by the grandmother she never met. Sabine has so many questions about herself. Perhaps here she can find answers, but she knows she isn't welcome. Marianne was hated by the locals and when Sabine discovers they blamed her for the terrible tragedy that haunts the pretty restaurant, she is ready to abandon her dark legacy.

But when she finds a passport in a hidden compartment in the water-stained walls, with a picture of a woman who looks like her grandmother but has a different name, she knows there must be more to Marianne's story. As she digs into the past, she starts to wonder: was her grandmother a heroine, not a traitor? What happened to her after the tragic night when she fled from her restaurant? And will the answer change her own life forever?

A haunting and compelling story of love, strength, and sacrifice in Nazi-occupied Paris as one brave young woman risks everything to save the lives of those around her. Fans of The Nightingale, The Paris Library and The Alice Network will lose their hearts to The Last Restaurant in Paris.

What everyone is saying about The Last Restaurant in Paris:

'Wow! This is such a captivating, enchanting story that quickly drew me in... A very different, wonderful story that I loved - 5* from me.' Nicki's Book Blog, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

'I found this novel very emotional and moving... I highly recommend it.' Netgalley reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

'A haunting and compelling story of love, strength, and sacrifice... Well-crafted characters, an underlying sense of menace and an immersive narrative combine for a suspenseful, one sit read. So heartwarming... when you're not reading this book, you'll be hugging it. Remarkable characters, who will stay with you for a long time. A true escape within the pages of a book, filled with adventure.' Netgalley reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
18-07-22