Suite à une grève chez bpost il n'est temporairement pas possible de choisir pour livraison à domicile ou à une autre adresse. Besoin de quelque chose en urgence ? Choissisez pour retrait en magasin ou passez plutôt dans un magasin Club à proximité.
  •  Retrait gratuit dans votre magasin Club
  •  7.000.000 titres dans notre catalogue
  •  Payer en toute sécurité
  •  Toujours un magasin près de chez vous     
Suite à une grève chez bpost il n'est temporairement pas possible de choisir pour livraison à domicile ou à une autre adresse. Besoin de quelque chose en urgence ? Choissisez pour retrait en magasin ou passez plutôt dans un magasin Club à proximité.
  •  Retrait gratuit dans votre magasin Club
  •  7.000.0000 titres dans notre catalogue
  •  Payer en toute sécurité
  •  Toujours un magasin près de chez vous
  1. Accueil
  2. Livres
  3. Sciences humaines
  4. Religion & Spiritualité
  5. Islam
  6. Branches & Groupements
  7. Anthology of Ruba'i (Quatrain) in Sufi Poetry of the Indian Sub-continent

Anthology of Ruba'i (Quatrain) in Sufi Poetry of the Indian Sub-continent

Paul Smith
Livre broché | Anglais
26,95 €
+ 53 points
Livraison 1 à 4 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

ANTHOLOGY OF RUBA'I (QUATRAIN) IN SUFI POETRY OF THE INDIAN SUB-CONTINENT Translation & Introduction Paul Smith The ruba'i form of mystical poetry has a long, wonderful history of a 1000 years in the Sufi poetry of the Indian sub-continent, second only to Persia. CONTENTS: The Ruba'i (Quatrain) in Sufi Poetry of the Indian Sub-Continent... 7, Sufism in Persian & Urdu Poetry... 12, Glossary for Sufi Poetry... 17. THE POETS... Ma'sud Sa'd 23, Amir Khusrau 33, Babur 49, Farighi 56, Humayan 58, Ghazali 67, Faizi 78, Urfi 83, Hayati 90, Nami 94, Rahim 108, Qutub Shah 115, Tausani 118, Sa'ib 120, Dara Shikoh 123, Sarmad 155, Mullah Shah 188, Makhfi 201, Bedil 209, Sauda 233, Dard 243, Mir 250, Aatish 266, Zafar 272, Zauq 277, Ghalib 283, Momin 296, Dabir 303, Anees 311, Hali 319, Shad 327, Iqbal 335, Asghar 279, Firaq 375, Josh 384. Included with each selection of a particular poet is a brief biography plus a list of further reading. The correct rhyme-structure has been kept as well as the beauty and meaning of these short, insightful, powerful, inspired poems. Large Format Paperback 7" x 10" Pages 396.COMMENTS ON PAUL SMITH'S TRANSLATION OF HAFEZ'S DIVAN"It is not a joke... the English version of ALL the ghazals of Hafez is a great feat and of paramount importance. I am astonished.." Dr. Mir Mohammad Taghavi (Dr. of Literature) Tehran."Superb translations. 99% Hafez 1% Paul Smith." Ali Akbar Shapurzman, translator of English to Persian and knower of Hafiz's Divan off by heart. "Smith has probably put together the greatest collection of literary facts and history concerning Hafez." Daniel Ladinsky (Penguin Books author). Paul Smith is a poet, author and translator of many books of Sufi poets of Persian, Arabic, Urdu, Turkish and other languages including Hafez, Sadi, Nizami, Rumi, 'Attar, Sana'i, Jahan Khatun, Obeyd Zakani, Mu'in ud-din Chishti, Amir Khusrau, Nesimi, Kabir, Anvari, Ansari, Jami, Khayyam, Hallaj, Rudaki, Yunus Emre Ghalib, Iqbal, Makhfi, Nazir and many others, as well as his own poetry, fiction, plays, biographies, kids books and a dozen screenplays. Published by New Humanity Books amazon.com/author/smithpa

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
06-06-15