16,95 €
+ 33 points
Livraison 1 à 4 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

Lives hold promise and promises. Keeping one promise might mean breaking another, for life is anything but simple. I had promised myself I would not go back to England - or, if I did, I would stay there. I did not want to pull myself up by the roots to leave it again. But I also promised Stephen that I would go anywhere with him. We had often spoken of going to England - his daughter still lived there - but we were both mindful of my promise to myself and why I made it. When the opportunity came along for us to go to Scotland to fulfil Stephen's long-held dream to explore Scotland by train, I took a deep breath and said, 'Yes, let's go.' Then his daughter moved from England to the Netherlands so inevitably our trip was extended. I was troubled that I had broken my promise to myself. But things never turn out as we think they will. In making this trip, I found my life had become like a Celtic knot. I found my place again in my childhood family, and in the world. It is said that home is where the heart is, and that proved to be true for me. Connecting is not a holiday travelogue. It tells how I made connections - connections that unified a lifetime's experiences.

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
18-08-19