Dr. Bruce Roach
Ebook | Anglais
3,49 €
+ 3 points
Disponible immédiatement
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité

Description

A realistic and practical look into homeschooling your child. The COVID pandemic has caused a drastic need for parents and educators to develop new approaches to educate our children. Homeschooling is a valid option however and there are many pros and cons for making this choice. There are many models that can facilitate a  successful homeschool program.  There are equally many ways that perpetuate an education crisis and failer when trying to home school your child.  Homeschooling is not an all or nothing option or a cookie-cutter process. Parents should understand their responsibility if choosing this approach along with having good knowledge over the resources they have to assist.    

My wife and I actually homeschooled our child in a unique and blended method.  I hold a Doctorate in Education and my wife a Doctorate in Psychology. Even with terminal degrees homeschooling, our child was challenging. Curriculum, tracking success parental participation, and other daily activities are very demanding. This demand is not based upon academic knowledge, it is rather the time investment and dedication needed to keep your child on a path to success. 

In our model, we ultimately had our child enter public high school for his 11th and 12th-grade year so that he could earn a public school diploma. In our school system, he was required to take all school finals that matched their academic core requirements for 9th-10th grades. After he successfully completed these finals he was accepted into the 11th grade receiving full acadiminc credit from the school system for 9th and 10th grade based upon his successful academic course challenges of the school's core curriculum requirement. He ultimately graduated the following year and was accepted into college. .   

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
15-07-20
Format: