•  7.000.000 titres dans notre catalogue
  •  Payer en toute sécurité
  •  Toujours un magasin près de chez vous     
  •  Retrait gratuit dans votre magasin Club
  •  7.000.000 titres dans notre catalogue
  •  Payer en toute sécurité
  •  Toujours un magasin près de chez vous

Frontier and Overseas Expeditions from India

VOLUME I (SUPPLEMENT A) OPERATIONS AGAINST THE MOHMANDS (Including Operations in the Khaiber 1st-7th May)

Intelli Branch Amy
Livre broché | Anglais
59,95 €
+ 119 points
Format
Livraison 2 à 3 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

This account of the Operations in the Mohmand country and in the Khaiber during April and May 1908 has been compiled in the Division of the Chief of Staff by Lt R.Dane, 21st Cavalry, Frontier Force. Chapter I contains a brief description of the Mohmand country while in Chapter II will be found a summary of events bringing up to date the history of our relations with the tribe as given in Volume I of this series. In the spring of 1908 the Mohmands carried out raids into British territory and attacked British troops. he decision was taken to mount a punitive expedition under the command of Sir James Willcocks who would command the Indian Corps in France in 1914. The operations undertaken by his force are described in detail and in Appendix I we have an extract from his despatches naming all those who had distinguished themselves and including a casualty return listing every casualty by name with the nature of the wound. The list of the British officers killed is headed by 'Major N.C.Maclachlan, 1st Seaforth Highlanders, gunshot wound, head, accidental.' There are extracts from the Engineer report. Medical report and Communications. There is also the strenght return for the force as on 1st June 1908 and an ammunition expenditure return at Appendix VII of which the last two words of the heading should read "DURING OPERATIONS".

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
15-10-15