33,45 €
+ 66 points
Livraison 1 à 4 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

Fans will finally get the chance to walk onto the field with their favorite Nittany Lions in Game of My Life Penn State Nittany Lions.

In this updated edition, Penn State alum Jordan Hyman asks over twenty of the school's greatest football legends to share their favorite memories and most poignant moments while wearing the white and blue. This isn't a book that dwells solely on happy memories of great games of years past.

When author Jordan Hyman, a Penn State graduate, went looking for 20 game recollections from some of Penn State's football legends, he discovered in his interviews feelings of joy, respect, and pride, but also locked-away emotions dealing with anger, racism, and regret. Chapters include:
  • Rosey Grier
  • Joe Paterno
  • Lydell Mitchell
  • John Cappelletti
  • Todd Blackledge
  • Gregg Garrity
  • Shane Conlan
  • And more!

Wally Triplett raves about the famous 1948 Cotton Bowl, Penn State versus Doak Walker-led Southern Methodist, but he'll also relay his experiences as a black football player in State College in the 1940s. Rosie Grier will recall upsetting Illinois in 1954, but he'll also reminisce about his roots on a Georgia farm and how he came to arrive in University Park in the first place.

There are shining moments paired with wonderful anecdotes: Gregg Garrity cannot forget the catch that would help win the 1983 national title game for the Lions. A must-read for any Nittany Lions fan.

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais
Collection :

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :