Livre broché | Anglais
23,95 €
Livraison 1 à 4 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

On January 12th of 2010, the worst earthquake ever encountered occurred in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. The quake was 7.0 in magnitude, and was later followed by aftershocks that had a magnitude of greater than 5.0. On that very day, I asked the Lord to provide a way for me to help His people.

I have chosen to share my personal experience of my journey to Haiti in hope that I will be able to return to the country and make a difference in the lives of my brothers and sisters. The photographs speak for themselves.

The Lord blessed me with the opportunity to travel to Haiti on July 17, 2010; it would forever change my life. My heart was worn on my sleeve the entire visit. Six months after the earthquake, the people of Haiti were still trying to put their lives back together. Many were still living in tents, and disease and hunger was widespread.

The poor who define this country are still roaming the streets, many still without proper shelter. Parents have to leave their children in orphanages in order to keep them safe. People roaming the streets, still in shock from the aftermath of an earthquake that occurred six months earlier. There are no clean water supplies for many. Dilapidated buildings are being used as shelter.

We are obligated to help the people of Haiti and other countries in despair, if for no other reason, it is the humane thing to do so, let love be your guide. We all have a purpose in this earthly realm; let us make humanitarianism a part of our purpose. Let us make a difference in the lives of the people of Haiti.

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
22-07-11