20,95 €
+ 41 points
Livraison 1 à 4 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

Our personal stories shape our lives. Human beings were designed to create stories, make meaning, and interpret the world we perceive. This ability to make meaning defines our humanity as opposed to animals or plants. Our stories about ourselves and others are the meaning that we have made up to make sense of something that has happened. However, our suffering also lies primarily in the meaning that we have given to what has happened. If we assign the meaning to what happened, then we also are empowered to change the meaning that we create. To regain our empowerment, we have an opportunity to create stories that open up new possibilities, "re-frame" a situation, or re-tell our story to ourselves from a different framework. This book provides specific examples for how to transform your meaning-making process from one that is disempowering to one that empowers you as the hero of your own story.

"In a novel, I jump temporarily into the fabricated life of the main character. Here, I am the protagonist, the story is real; it is mine and the author walks along temporarily, offering permission and tools. I can choose to make it a good story. I am the Shero, empowered to live and enjoy the story I create. So much more than a good read!"
Margee Doscher, Founder/Director, The Studio for Experiential Learning

"This book presents familiar concepts in a new and thought-provoking framework. Reading this book has made me more aware of the stories I continually tell myself and challenged me to create more empowering stories. Well written!"
Cynthia Embree-Lavoie, Chief Financial Officer for a non-profit organization

"Reading this book was a delight. It was easy, of course, to see my friends and relatives described in these pages, but the authors' approach was so gentle and easy, I wasn't aware of being led to real insights into my own attitudes and how they might be keeping me from the life I really want. Thank you for the wake-up call!"
Carol Fleisher, Musician and Spiritual Seeker

"This book clearly illustrates the practical application of some of the most important and powerful psychological constructs of modern times. The reader is presented with an elegant and simple set of tools to redefine any circumstance to create a different and purposeful interpretation of any situation."
Christopher Slaughter, MS, MBA

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :