Ebook | Anglais | The Read and Write Series
6,49 €
+ 6 points
Disponible immédiatement
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité

Description

SLJ Review: ". . .fills a niche for teachers. . ."

When cousins Mellie and Dennis decide to get a cat, they consider carefully what breed would be best for each family. For example, Mellie wants a cat that pounces, but Dennis wants a lazy cat, like his lazy dog, Clark Kent. Mellie wants a lap cat, but Dennis just wants a warm body BESIDE him. They consider different cat personalities, family situations, and personal preferences.

Mellie writes an opinion essay for her teacher, Mr. Eagle. But will her essay convince her parents to get the cat of her dreams?

This story takes a popular subject—kids getting a pet—and adds cats of all sizes and shapes: all writing lessons should be this much fun. In the end, it's the cousins and the cats that keep a reader turning the page. What kind of cat will Mellie choose? Will Dennis want the same kind of cat?

This story hits many notes:

A family story about cousins, Mellie and Dennis Information on cat breeds Responsible cat ownership Mentor-text for teaching writing Model opinion essay for elementary students Models the writing process, especially the importance of pre-writing or planning before you write Completes the writing process by showing the results of Dennis's essay

I WANT A CAT almost makes opinion essays look too easy.

See other books in THE READ AND WRITE series:

I Want a Dog: My Opinion Essay

My Crazy Dog: My Narrative Essay

My Dirty Dog: My Informative Essay

REVIEWS

". . .absolutely delightful. . ." Joan Miller, Cat Fancier's Association
". . .as informative a cat book as any text out there." Alexis Mitchell, Maine Coon Cat Breed Council Secretary
". . .highly recommended. . .creative and entertaining story." Julie Keyer, Oriental Cats Breed Council Secretary

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Langue:
Anglais
Collection :

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
04-01-22