Mary C. Findley
Ebook | Anglais
4,99 €
+ 4 points
Disponible immédiatement
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité

Description

Hope rebels against arranged marriage in medieval England, tempted by an Earl's son. Colchester Manor is attacked. Hope's family is missing. Two men: a memory-keeper for a thousand missing Crusaders, and a nameless champion, know Hope isn't mad when she says she names the attacker. Only one of them wants her alive to get justice. Illustrated in the style of an illuminated manuscript.

"Man, thou canst not judge whether thy story might not turn my heart completely to thy cause," Lord Godwin said, frustrated. "As it is, how can I help thee if I do not know if thou be a true knight indeed?"
"Let it lie, my lord." Sir Chris coughed several times. I heard a noise, and remembered that hopeless animal sound he had made when we camped in the woods. I shivered and hid my face in my hands. When Sir Chris resumed speaking, his voice was very weak. 
"It matters little now. The earl … has said I am to be made to … confess to the burning of the manor house. To that … I cannot confess, and so .... Lady Hope? Are you … still there?"
"Yes, Sir Chris." I forced the quiver out of my voice.
"Othaneri -- I am sorry … I could not help you," he said in a voice I could scarcely hear. "I am most heartily … sorry for that, lady. I am sorry, too, that you … were not persuaded to know Christ."

Illustrated in the style of an illuminated manuscript.

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
20-03-16
Format: