The new novel from the author of Small Pleasures

Clare Chambers
Ebook | Anglais
12,99 €
+ 12 points
Format

Description

AVAILABLE TO PREORDER NOW

From the bestselling author of SMALL PLEASURES, a new novel about love, family and the joy of freedom. Coming August 2024.

'A magnificent novel. I loved it to its bones' EMMA STONEX

'I adored this addictive treat. I urge anyone with an interest in psychiatry, siblings, Croydon, buried trauma, adultery, the early 60s or simply humanity to seek it out' PATRICK GALE

'Completely absorbing. I loved it' LISSA EVANS

'Beautiful. A rich and tender story of kindness and compassion
' RUTH HOGAN

In all failed relationships there is a point that passes unnoticed at the time, which can later be identified as the beginning of the decline. For Helen it was the weekend that the Hidden Man came to Westbury Park.

Croydon, 1964. Helen Hansford is in her thirties and an art therapist in a psychiatric hospital where she has been having a long love affair with Gil: a charismatic, married doctor.

One spring afternoon they receive a call about a disturbance from a derelict house not far from Helen's home. A thirty-seven-year-old man called William Tapping, with a beard down to his waist, has been discovered along with his elderly aunt. It is clear he has been shut up in the house for decades, but when it emerges that William is a talented artist, Helen is determined to discover his story.

Shy Creatures is a life-affirming novel about all the different ways we can be confined, how ordinary lives are built of delicate layers of experience, the joy of freedom and the transformative power of kindness.

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
28-08-24
Format: