43,45 €
+ 86 points
Livraison 1 à 4 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

She's here! I thought she would be. She's one of the three young ladies you see in the right-hand box near the proscenium." The gentleman thus addressed-a man of middle age and a member of the most exclusive clubs-turned his opera glass toward the spot designated, and in some astonishment retorted: "She? Why those are the Misses Pratt and-" "Miss Violet Strange; no other." "And do you mean to say-" "I do-" "That yon silly little chit, whose father I know, whose fortune I know, who is seen everywhere, and who is called one of the season's belles is an agent of yours; a-a-" "No names here, please. You want a mystery solved. It is not a matter for the police-that is, as yet, -and so you come to me, and when I ask for the facts, I find that women and only women are involved, and that these women are not only young but one and all of the highest society. Is it a man's work to go to the bottom of a combination like this? No. Sex against sex, and, if possible, youth against youth. Happily, I know such a person-a girl of gifts and extraordinarily well placed for the purpose. Why she uses her talents in this direction-why, with means enough to play the part natural to her as a successful debutante, she consents to occupy herself with social and other mysteries, you must ask her, not me. Enough that I promise you her aid if you want it. That is, if you can interest her. She will not work otherwise."

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
20-09-18