•  7.000.000 titres dans notre catalogue
  •  Payer en toute sécurité
  •  Toujours un magasin près de chez vous
  1. Accueil
  2. Livres
  3. Littérature
  4. Littérature & Romans
  5. Littérature moderne & contemporaine
  6. What Will He Do With It?, Volume II of II by Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, Fiction, Literary

What Will He Do With It?, Volume II of II by Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, Fiction, Literary

Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
Livre broché | Anglais
26,95 €
+ 53 points
Livraison 1 à 4 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

"I quite agree with you, Alban; Honoria Vipont is a very superior young lady." -- "I knew you would think so!" cried the Colonel, with more warmth than usual to him. -- "Many years since," resumed Darrell, with reflective air, "I read Miss Edgeworth's novels; and in conversing with Miss Honoria Vipont, methinks I confer with one of Miss Edgeworth's heroines -- so rational, so prudent, so well-behaved -- so free from silly romantic notions -- so replete with solid information, moral philosophy and natural history -- so sure to regulate her watch and her heart to the precise moment, for the one to strike, and the other to throb -- and to marry at last a respectable steady husband, whom she will win with dignity, and would lose with decorum! A very superior girl indeed." (Darrell speaks -- not the author. Darrell is unjust to the more exquisite female characters of a Novelist, admirable for strength of sense, correctness of delineation, terseness of narrative, and lucidity of style -- nor less admirable for the unexaggerated nobleness of sentiment by which some of her heroines are notably distinguished.)

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
01-03-04