29,45 €
+ 58 points
Livraison 1 à 4 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

Taste and see that the Lord is good. Re-Anchoring in God's Word Saved My Life!

My season began in 2009 and lasted 10 years. I call it the Perfect Storm. It had two halves - before and after. Before was when I drifted from God. After was when I re-anchored in God's Word. It was a season created by finances, health, family, and career issues all occurring at the same time. It was a season filled with stress, self-hatred, sadness, rejection, fear and loss.

The problems became so overwhelming, thoughts of suicide took over. I began to think how my death would be a relief - not just for me but also for those whom my problems had touched. What a thought! That my family would welcome my death.

Then one day my Mom noticed how lifeless I was and told me it was time to stop drifting and time to re-anchor. Re-anchor myself in God's Word. As she put it, "go to the well and drink the Living Water".

So, I pressed into God's Word and discovered Scripture that would help me to understand, manage and survive my Season of Struggle. I was still in my season, but the re-anchoring had begun.

When you are knee deep in a season, it is very difficult to see God's movement. You are so focused on surviving you have no thoughts of thriving. When you anchor yourself in God's Word you will discover Scripture that teaches and empowers you to know that even though there are times we may not hear, feel or see Him in our lives - God is there always.

Psalm 34:8 tells us - Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him! Think of the scene in Mary Poppins when Mary and the children are taking the same medicine from the same bottle and each experiencing tasting something different.

That is what happens when you read God's Word. That is what happens when you commit your life to Christ. That is what happens when you say Yes to God. What you experience with God will be different than what others experience.

I encourage you today to anchor yourself in God's Word. Expect to be refreshed, renewed, restored. Expect to increase your faith, trust, hope and joy. Expect to receive knowledge, wisdom and understanding. Expect to draw nearer to God. Expect to see, hear, feel, and taste the goodness of God.

I pray that the sharing of Scripture will help someone who is struggling to understand that - you are not alone; you are loved; you are worthy; you are a daughter/son of the King.

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
10-03-21