20,45 €
+ 40 points
Livraison 1 à 4 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

"Diamond Hill was one of the poorest and most backward of villages in Hong Kong at a time when Hong Kong itself was poor and backward. We moved there in 1956 when I was almost 10. I left when I was 19. Those were the formative years of my life. It's a time that I remember well and cherish."

This memoir of a native son of a Kowloon-side squatter village--the first book ever on Diamond Hill, in either Chinese or English--presents the early days of a life shaped by a now-extinct community. Feng Chi-shun's sharp recollections of his humble upbringing contain warmth, humor, and an abundance of insights into a low-income Hong Kong neighborhood that no longer exists--but remains close to the hearts of many who lived there.

Diamond Hill will invite comparisons with Martin Booth's Golden Boy. If you enjoyed the latter, you will likely find the former similarly absorbing, because the young Feng was, for many a fair-haired visitor, the inaccessible yet intriguing face of an altogether edgier Hong Kong.

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
16-11-10