Suite à une grève chez bpost il n'est temporairement pas possible de choisir pour livraison à domicile ou à une autre adresse. Besoin de quelque chose en urgence ? Choissisez pour retrait en magasin ou passez plutôt dans un magasin Club à proximité.
  •  Retrait gratuit dans votre magasin Club
  •  7.000.000 titres dans notre catalogue
  •  Payer en toute sécurité
  •  Toujours un magasin près de chez vous     
Suite à une grève chez bpost il n'est temporairement pas possible de choisir pour livraison à domicile ou à une autre adresse. Besoin de quelque chose en urgence ? Choissisez pour retrait en magasin ou passez plutôt dans un magasin Club à proximité.
  •  Retrait gratuit dans votre magasin Club
  •  7.000.0000 titres dans notre catalogue
  •  Payer en toute sécurité
  •  Toujours un magasin près de chez vous
  1. Accueil
  2. Livres
  3. Sciences humaines
  4. Sciences humaines & sociales
  5. Sociologie
  6. Finding a Quality Child Care Center Can Be Difficult . . . Let Me Help

Finding a Quality Child Care Center Can Be Difficult . . . Let Me Help

Jean White
Livre broché | Anglais
27,95 €
+ 55 points
Livraison 2 à 3 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

Introduction I chose to write this book because of the pain I've seen in the heart of parents who have placed their child/children in child care centers that did not have the best interest of children at heart. These parents hurt deeply because they placed and even paid money on a weekly basis to have their child in a program that was not respecting the child. I like to call these programs child farms because their interest is not in helping to develop, grow, and nurture children but to make money off children. One mother could barely speak as she told me her story. She had asked her father to pick her son up from his family child care home and take him to the doctor. When the grandpa arrived, he knocked on the door, but nobody answered. He could hear babies inside the house crying, but it did not appear that anyone was inside caring for the children. Grandpa sat on the porch and waited for someone to come, all the while he could hear the babies inside crying. A while later the caregiver pulled up in the driveway with Wal-Mart bags in her hands. When grandpa told her whom he was there to pick up, she let him have the baby and did not even check his identification. He could have been anyone picking up that child. The mother set up a watch with the county police and the Department of Social Services for the next morning. Parents brought children into the home and left. About thirty minutes after the last child was dropped off, the caregiver came out of the house, locked the door, and got into her car. As she pulled out of her driveway, she was arrested. Parents were contacted to pick up their children. The caregiver was putting the children in their cribs and then leaving the house to go shopping and run errands. Another parent had her six-month infant get a broken arm. Another parent had her four-month infant die-death certificate said SIDS, but the child was dead for over two hours before anyone knew. These are scary stories, and there are many more. We've all seen these in the news, but I've personally sat face-to-face with some parents who have suffered through this devastating situation. Their common statement was "How does a parent know a good center from a child farm?" How does a parent know? And so it goes, I wrote the book. I hope this book will be useful to you as you begin to research child care programs for your child. Follow your heart. Look deep if it feels good. Leave and do not turn back if something makes you feel bad. Your feelings will be your best guide. As you tour programs, write notes in the note sections and try to complete the ratings as you feel them while you are touring a program. After touring several programs, the program-rating pages will help you to remember the qualities you liked best about each program. Remember, high-quality child care and education programs are difficult to get into. You will probably be put on a waiting list, so it is important to start your search for child care early. The earlier the better! I used to tell parents, "Call me when the stick turns blue."

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
11-03-10