42,45 €
+ 84 points
Livraison 1 à 4 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

Me: A Book of Remembrance by Winnifred Eaton, with an afterword by Linda Trinh Moser A Chinese-Eurasian's autobiographical novel tracing a woman's dual quest for a writing career and romance. Winnifred Eaton published her books under a Japanese-sounding name, Onoto Watanna, but she was of Chinese ancestry. In this autobiographical novel, Nora Ascouth is a powerless young woman typical of the working class. In the narrative, as Nora journeys from her birthplace in Canada to search out a career, first in Jamaica, and then in the United States, Eaton imparts her own experiences with rejection and the struggle to gain success and love. The autobiographical plotline likewise discloses a remarkable secret, the author's ethnic shame and her reticence to speak of her own half-Chinese identity. "I myself was dark and foreign-looking," Nora says, "but the blond type I adored." Like other ethnic immigrants, Winnifred and Nora are indoctrinated by America's Anglo preference. Nora's painful search ends, however, as the author's did. She gains achievement as a novelist. Winnifred Eaton (1875-1954), the author of many popular books of the 1920s and 1930s, was born in Montreal but spent most of her life in New York, Hollywood, and Calgary.

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais
Collection :

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :