+ 67 points
Livraison 2 à 3 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

Description

This is the real-life story of John Carter's experience of living with depression. It is not a step-by-step guide to "beat" depression. Rather, this is the actual story of how one person living with depression gets through his days and long nights coping with suicidal thoughts that are never too far away. The chapters are written in chronological order through the author's school years, his first work experiences, and his arrival to and subsequent departure from university at the age of 30. In the last two chapters, the author writes about the rollercoaster of numerous counselling sessions, and about his hopes and dreams for the future.

About the Author

John Carter is 35 years of age and lives in a small flat with his cat in Nottingham. He currently works part-time as a reader and reviewer of books for a literary agency because he loves reading as it takes him away from the hardships of real life and it gives him something to look forward to each day.

Book Extract

CHAPTER ONE

WHEN I WAS A LAD

I was born in 1973 on January the 16th. I sometimes wonder if it was grey, overcast, murky day, in keeping with my life. My family lived in an area of Nottingham called Sneinton Dale - a working class area, not twenty minutes by foot from the city. My dad was just starting a career as an electrician and my mother had to look after two hungry, noisy, young kids.

My mother told me when they first moved into the house in Sneinton, my parents didn't have the money to buy their own furniture. They had to borrow and make do - just the same as the rest of the people who lived in the 'dale'. That's why my dad had to work away from home. It was something he regrets doing because he didn't get to see the family enough or watch is children grow up. My dad got used to being away from home. So did we. In the eighties, he spent 16 months working in the Falkland Islands at Port Stanley Airport.

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
18-05-09