•  7.000.000 titres dans notre catalogue
  •  Payer en toute sécurité
  •  Toujours un magasin près de chez vous     
  •  Retrait gratuit dans votre magasin Club
  •  7.000.000 titres dans notre catalogue
  •  Payer en toute sécurité
  •  Toujours un magasin près de chez vous

Records of the English Bible

The Documents Relating to the Translation and Publication of the Bible in English

Alfred W Pollard
Livre broché | Anglais
38,95 €
+ 77 points
Livraison 2 à 3 semaines
Passer une commande en un clic
Payer en toute sécurité
Livraison en Belgique: 3,99 €
Livraison en magasin gratuite

Description

A few years ago, I constructed a document about the history of the King James Bible. It was not published because so many excellent books have been written and published on the subject. One of the books which added great information to the endeavor was Alfred W. Pollard's Records of the English Bible, Relating to the Translation and Publication of the Bible in English, 1525-1611. It was published by Oxford University Press in 1911. Dr. Pollard made many comments such as: "To the reasons I have given in my Introduction for believing that after a few years of grace, recourse was had to the methods of Archbishop Parker to support the version of 1611 as against that of Geneva...The leaders of the two great parties in the Church had loyally cooperated in making it, and after the experience of the third of a century it was recognized as the Bible of the whole Church and Nation." And so, I present a reprint of this great work by Dr. Pollard to you for your research and to place in your library. It will contain some markings which were made by previous readers of this manuscript that do not interfere with the reading of it. H. D. Williams, President The Old Paths Publications.

Spécifications

Parties prenantes

Auteur(s) :
Editeur:

Contenu

Nombre de pages :
Langue:
Anglais

Caractéristiques

EAN:
Date de parution :
17-04-23